Concerning Wildewood Christian Church
The object of our existence is:
1. TO RESTORE Biblical Christianity and the consequent union of all followers of Christ in
2. TO EXALT Christ above party and His Word above human creeds.
3. TO BUILD a church of Christ without denominational name, man-written creed, or other
barriers to Christian unity, whose terms of fellowship shall be as broad as the conditions of
salvation and identical with them.
4. TO LEAD individuals to Christ in the clear light of the New Testament teaching.
Thus we teach and plead for:
1. THE BIBLE as the only rule of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16,17)
2. CHRISTIAN as the name of Christ’s followers. (Acts 11:26; 26:28)
3. CHURCH UNITY. (John 17:20,21; I Corinthians 1:10)
4. BAPTISM OF BELIEVERS. (Mark 16:15; Acts 2:38, 41; 16:32-34)
5. BAPTISM BY IMMERSION. (Mark 1:5-10; John 3:23; Acts 8:26-40; Romans 6:1-6)
6. LIVING THE CHRISTIAN LIFE, working as if all depended on us, trusting as if all depends
on Christ. (Hebrews 12:1,2)
Wildewood Christian Church is one of over 5,500 churches organized to pattern all things after the church found in the New Testament Scriptures. We are a non-denominational congregation with no creed but Christ and no book save the Sacred Word. We are seeking to unite Christian Faith upon the sole basis of the Divine Scriptures, given by God, and Divine Name, given by God.
We at Wildewood encourage you to take the accent from the names that divide and place it upon the name that unites--Christian. We encourage you to take the emphasis from the documents made by man and place it upon the only Book that saves and unites--The Holy Bible.
Wildewood Christian Church is known for its warm, friendly spirit and its Bible preaching. Wildewood affords excellent teachers and Bible School classes for every member of your family. You are invited to visit with us at any time. You are invited by the Lord to become a Christian and thus become a part of the wonderful family of God.